The Chapel of Memories Funeral Directors has been serving the Alberni Valley and the East Coast of Vancouver Island since 1941. The Alberni Valley is an affordable community of nearly 18, 000 people with access to skiing, saltwater fishing, world class kiteboarding , outdoor trails, world class steelhead fishing and short drive to the major centers of Nanaimo, Parksville and Qualicum Beach.
We currently have an opening for a full time Funeral Director/Embalmer apprentice at the Chapel of Memories Funeral Directors. This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is expected to assist the Funeral Director/Manager in creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Desire for full time employment as an apprentice in a Funeral Director/Embalmer role
- Excellent work history and good driving record
- Ability to pass a criminal record check
- Ability to pass Industry Training Authority Certification of Qualification exams at the appropriate time
- Be physically fit and able to lift heavy loads
- Knowledge of computers – including word processing, data entry and spreadsheets
- Ability to deal with multiple interruptions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under time restrictions in a busy office environment
- Willing to relocate to Port Alberni.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be involved in the community
- Take part in an on-call rotation schedule
- Work overtime, weekend and evening shifts when assigned
- Assist fulfillment of contractual obligations to the BC Coroner Service
- Display the ability to follow directions
- Be a motivated team player
The successful candidate will have their tuition fees in the Apprenticeship program paid for. As well, once completing the probationary period, benefits of medical, dental and optometry are available.
Email resumes to Margaret.Vatamaniuck@Dignitymemorial.com