We are currently seeking a licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer at one of our premier locations in Vernon, BC. This is a great opportunity to grow your career, with training and advancement. This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. Our Funeral Directors are looking for more than a career – it's a calling; the chance to make a real difference helping families during difficult times through compassion, understanding and providing the utmost in service.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A valid B.C Funeral Director / Embalmer’s license or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal to interact with families during time of need and create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction
- Commitment to company objectives and policies
- Strong proficiency with computers and knowledge of Microsoft/Excel
- Excellent time management skills and can meet deadlines
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an exceptional customer experience
- Valid BC driver’s license with excellent driving skills and record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Flexibility and adaptability
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Funeral & Cemetery benefits, and more
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies. Interested applicants should forward by email, their resume and cover letter to:
Vernon Funeral Home
3007 28th Street
Phone: (250) 542-0155
Fax: (250) 542-0102