Kearney Funeral Services - Licensed Funeral Director
Full Time position available at our Vancouver Location.
Who we are:
- We are an independent, local, family owned and operated Funeral Home serving the greater Vancouver area since 1908.
What we are looking for:
- Licensed Funeral Director
The eligible candidate will:
- Have experience in all types of Funeral related services (Arranging, coordinating of services held in Chapel, Church, Memorial, Visitation, Reception/Catered events, Burial, Cremation, Entombment, Minimum Cremation needs)
- Excel in both written and verbal English communication (other languages an asset)
- Be naturally empathetic
- Be remarkably organized with the ability to manage time efficiently yet effectively
- Be able to complete the physical demands of the job
- Be dedicated, caring and service driven
- Have a good demeanor and professional outlook
- Be an excellent communicator and team player
- Hold themselves to a high standard of service
- Build excellent relationships with families and within the community
- Be a team player who leads by example, and challenges others to better fulfill their roles
- Have a great attitude and truly loves our profession
- Be a leader and encourage Apprentice Funeral Directors to reach their full potentials both personally and in their roles as Funeral Service Professionals
- Not be afraid of doing other important tasks (cleaning vehicles, assisting with clerical duties as required etc)
- Have a flexible schedule which may include evening and weekends
- Have a Class 5 drivers license with a clean driving record
For candidates who embody these attributes, this position has the potential for further advancement within the company.
A BC Funeral Directors license is preferred, however for the right candidate, we will facilitate licensing transfer requirements.
Compensation (including bonuses and benefits) is competitive and will be tailored to match the qualification and skill of the individual applicant.
To apply, or for more information please send resumes with cover letter to:
Athena Theodorakakis, Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Respectfully, only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.