Kearney Funeral Services New Westminster
Location Manager - We are an independently owned and operated firm that has been serving the Greater Vancouver area since 1908. Since we were established, our philosophy and mission have been driven by care and compassion for the bereaved, which is at the core of everything we do. We are looking for a caring and compassionate Funeral Director who has a fundamental desire to help others and make a positive impact in their community. We are looking for a funeral director who believes that what we do makes a difference in people’s lives and who wants to join us in our mission of caring for the bereaved through meaningful service.
This person must be a team player who leads by example and challenges others to better fulfill their roles. someone who comes to work with a great attitude and inspires others to do the same. This person must also be capable of working with, instructing and encouraging Apprentice Funeral Directors to reach their full potentials personally and in their roles as Funeral Service Professionals. This position requires leadership capabilities and a good set of Funeral Director experiences and skills. For candidates who embody these attributes, this position has the potential for further advancement within the company.
The Eligible Candidate will:
- Have held a Funeral Directors License for a minimum of 5 years.
- Have experience in Management or possess an excellent leadership track record.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Build, work in and develop a cohesive team both within a specific location and companywide.
- Possess an excellent work ethic, ensuring goals and deadlines are met and standards are kept high.
- Always act with honesty and integrity, indifferent of situation or position.
- Have an exceptional ability to work with and develop team members; including coaching, constructive feedback and reviews.
- Be passionate about Funeral Service and providing high quality service for the families we serve and can convey this passion to the team and across the company.
- Have the ability to encourage people to believe in culture and align with our mission and values.
- Leading a team of dedicated funeral professionals.
- Running and planning, staff meetings; training and development meetings; daily check-ins as well as daily and weekly scheduling and staff allocation.
- Overseeing all Operations of the Location to ensure the highest level of standards with respect to service delivery, building upkeep and maintenance (including capital expenditures) and overall efficiency of operation.
- Community relationship building with Churches, members of the bereavement and health care community, industry stake holders and suppliers and all others who share our mission of care and compassion for the bereaved.
- Actively monitoring and strategizing with respect to the financial performance of the location including market share growth, revenue and receivables.
- Ensuring Kearney's Mission, Vision and Core Values are upheld.
- Meeting families to arrange funerals, attending services and acting in the capacity of a Funeral Director when required.
We are a growing company, with a motivated and energetic leadership team dedicated to service of the bereaved, community support and advocacy for the vulnerable. If you possess a passion for these values as well as the above skills, we would love to meet you to see if you are a good fit for our team.
BC license is preferable, but for the right candidate we are willing to facilitate licensing transfer.
Compensation including bonuses and benefits is competitive and will be tailored to match the qualification and skill of the individual applicant. For further information or to apply please contact Ryan Crean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.