Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Our Delta Funeral home, located in Delta, British Columbia is currently recruiting a full-time Senior Funeral Director & Embalmer. Delta is one of the sunniest and driest regions in the Metro Vancouver area. The community has a small town feel with all the urban amenities of Vancouver at your door step.
This position reports to the Funeral Home Manager.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Arranging, coordinating and directing funeral ceremonies.
- Meeting and surpassing the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
- Maintaining active involvement within the community and is committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
- Supporting the Funeral Service Department’s vision of technology integration by understanding the role technology plays in the funeral home’s success.
- Other duties or special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Funeral Directors and Embalmer’s license required. Every applicant will receive serious consideration. Please note that if you do not hold a British Columbia Funeral Director & Embalmer’s license, support will be provided in obtaining your license in the province of British Columbia.
- Displaying proven, superior arrangement, directing and embalming skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continually betters oneself via literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
- A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits as well as a clothing allowance. This person will also have the opportunity for advancement.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Charles Girard, Funeral Home Manager
Delta Funeral Home
Please quote “Senior Funeral Director & Embalmer” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.